For some students further additional support may be needed to help them achieve their targets and goals both academic and otherwise.
Stocksbridge High School provides equal opportunities for all students with and without SEND. As such we promote a fully inclusive policy with all students attending mainstream lessons in order to access high quality teaching and learning.
We are committed to narrowing the attainment gap between students with SEND and their non-SEND peers. Our aim is to provide high quality provision that allows all students to access every area of learning in order to achieve their full potential.
- To continue to meet all statutory requirements and guidance provided within the SEND Code of Practice.
- To ensure there is quality first teaching for every child which embodies challenge and support for all.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all students across both Key Stages.
- To engage all parents/ carers in all aspects of their child’s education and additional provision.
- To continue professional development for all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of needs is held by all school employees.
- To work with parents, our family of schools and external agencies to ensure early identification and to develop assessment strategies.
- To engage all students within the whole of school life by ensuring an inclusive atmosphere exists and supportive measure are in place.
- To continue to work with families, other educational establishments and external agencies around effective transition for all key stages.