Are you eligible to apply for Free School Meals for your child?
If you are eligible, please make sure you apply – your child will get free meals and the school will also benefit from extra funding.
If the following applies to you, make sure you get your entitlement.
Children and young people who:
- attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form
- are under 19 years of age
and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Please see the Sheffield City Council web page for full information on how to apply for free school meals.
Remember that children on free school meals are automatically entered onto our cashless computer system. Only the school computer will know which child is on free school meals, and accounts are credited automatically each day.
If you would like more information, or help completing an application form, please contact the school’s Office Manager (Mrs Freeman) who will be happy to help.