School Dress Code
It is an expectation that all students must be in full school uniform, enabling them to be prepared for learning every day. Our belief is that the school uniform enables all students to enter lessons in a focused and organised way. By ensuring these rules are followed, school is putting all students in the right frame of mind for learning.
Full school uniform is classed as the following:
– Black, full length, cotton/polyester trousers or a black, knee length skirt.
– Black shoes or boots no higher than the ankle (any student who cannot wear school shoes on medical grounds must have a medical note to support this).
– Plain white shirt, buttoned fully to the neck. Long sleeved shirts must have sleeves rolled down and shirts must be tucked in at all times.
– Relevant school tie (House ties)
– Grey school jumper or cardigan with sleeves rolled down* (this must be worn at all times on corridors, at break/lunch and during assembly. During lessons this may be removed, but placed back on at the end of the lesson).
*During the warmer weeks of term, school will allow students not to wear the cardigan or jumper—this will be communicated to parents via parentmail text message and the school website.
Students are not permitted to attend school in any of the following items:
– Personal jumpers instead of school jumpers.
– Denim jeans (or trousers with jean style pockets and studs e.g. chinos), leggings, skirts shorter than the knee.
– Trainers, pumps (or any canvas footwear e.g. vans) plimsolls or sandals.
Students are expected to wear the following items of PE kit (All students must bring full kit even if they are unable to take part in a lesson):
– PE t-shirt – Black/Maroon (Initials added on the chest for £1 is optional)
– PE Hoody* – Maroon/Black (Initials added on the chest for £1 is optional)
*Hoody not compulsory for each lesson – but will be the only outdoor wear accepted in PE lessons
– Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms to be worn (No Leggings)
Hats and outdoor coats may not be worn in the building.
Details about school uniform can be found on the school website and are regularly communicated with parents.
If you have any questions about school uniform please consult with your Support Manager who will be happy to guide you.
Thank you to all parents / carers who support us fully in upholding our school dress code.